Our client is one of the world’s leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands. Our client is the owner of a set of international websites, which specialized on vacation apartment rental.
The goal is to connect homeowners and property managers with travelers who seek the space, value and amenities of vacation rental homes as an alternative to hotels. It allows not only to rent the village for the vacation but also to search the houses for buying them.
At this moment, SoftServe team is working on 10 different subprojects/products for this client. One of the most important benefits is that working on this project allows you to visit the client in the USA. Accept of this our customer is technically mature, the team is welcome to participate in customer’s internal training, the client provides regular meetings regarding architecture and new technologies (big data, analytics, WebUi etc.).
Development Process Description
Development uses SCRUM with 1-2 week sprints (some teams use Kanban). The sprint starts on Wednesday and the wrap is on Tuesday at the end of the sprint.
- Work with members of the team to add new capabilities and resolve application defects. Initial work will focus on learning the system / code base and resolving client issues reported by customer support. Later focus will include making software improvements that will reduce the number of future defects.
- Correct customer accounts using automated and manual processes.
- Provide input on the most common support issues that need longer-term solutions.
- Communicate progress via Jira status updates and comments.
- Document non-trivial changes on our Confluence wiki.
- Monitor and triage incoming defect reports and change requests.
- Must be strong in Java 8
- Additional required experience: REST services, UNIX, Spring, Git/GitHub, automated testing framework such as JUnit.
- Beneficial experience: e-commerce, Jira, Confluence, build systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of related experience.